I’ve already given some great reasons why you should need to make a visit to The Kartrite Resort and Indoor Waterpark. I gave my followers on Instagram an opportunity to ask me anything about our stay and I thought it may be fun to write a little FAQ post of helpful tips and tricks for The Kartrite resort, that you may want to know before you head to Monticello.
What You Need to Know About Check-In
- There is a resort fee. Like any resort, The Kartrite does charge a resort fee upon check-in. The fee is $42 nightly and covers the wide amount of amenities that the resort offers.
- You will be asked for a headcount. Because everyone gets a wristband! So no sneaking in extra guests ;). And you will have plenty of space in your rooms either way!
- Your wristband is your room key. AND gives you access to the waterpark. Which is super convenient! So don’t take it off during your stay. You’ll be charged a fee for a replacement. Also, babies don’t have to wear a wristband. My 2 yo appreciated this because he absolutely hates things being around his wrist. It wouldn’t have made it anyway.
What You Need to Know About the Rooms
- All of the rooms at the Kartrite are suite style. So thats a plus for space! The rooms are definitely….roomy! And made with famillies in mind.
- There is no kitchenette. While there are suite style rooms, you won’t be making any meals inside! The rooms are equipped with a microwave, mini fridge and keurig though!
- There ARE bathtubs in some rooms. When I read some of the reviews online prior to our stay, I saw that the rooms did not have bathtubs inside. As a mom of a 5 and 2 year old this was a little disheartening because while they like to take showers, they don’t really CLEAN themselves in them. So I was pleasantly surprised when our 2 bedroom suite did have one.
What You Need to Know About Dining
- Outside food is not allowed in the waterpark area or any indoor public areas. So no Mcdonald’s at the waterpark! LOL. The surfside grill has really affordable lunch options available. The most expensive item we saw on the menu was $18 and that was for an entire pizza!
- Though you can eat whatever you like in your room, there aren’t many options close by! We saw a Burger King, Taco Bell, and KFC about 15 minutes away driving but there definitely weren’t any options within walking distance. Be prepared to stay ON the resort. UberEats and DoorDash may be an option but we never attempted and just enjoyed the dining the resort had to offer. My picky eaters even loved dining at Bixby’s.
I honestly feel like I could go on forever giving you tips for The Kartrite Resort but it truly is something you want to experience on your own! The fun for children and even adults are plentiful and an amazing time will be had. Have anymore questions about The Kartite resort? Feel free to ask them in the comments!
Was this article helpful? Feel free to save it for later!