We visit Disney several times a year and we have gone without a stroller ONCE. If you’re traveling with a child under 10, a stroller is absolutely needed. Walt Disney World may be the only place where I’ve seen an elementary school aged child in a stroller and didn’t judge their parents for one second. And now with 3 children under 8, we absolutely make sure that we have a double stroller on all trips with children. I would never forgive myself if we did not.
Bringing Your Own Stroller to Disney
I’m often asked if you’re able to bring in your own strollers to Disney and the answer is… yes and no. Disney does have sizing requirements on the strollers that are allowed and there are markers at every park entrance that measure strollers. If you stroller looks to be larger than the requirements you will have to measure it. If it turns out to be outside of the dimensions, you are not able to bring it in. MOST single strollers fit within the sizing requirements but a lot of double strollers are too wide. It’s best to check the dimensions of your stroller before your trip to avoid bringing it along for no reason.
As of November 2022 per the Walt Disney World website:
- Strollers larger than 31” (79 cm) in width and 52” (132cm) in length are not permitted. Stroller wagons are also not permitted.
To check the most updated information on the stroller policy, feel free to visit Disney’s website.
Renting a Stroller at Walt Disney World Resort
Strollers are available to rent on Disney property and we’ve chosen this option in the past. Renting directly at the parks have proven to be a good option for single day trips. They’re also okay for when we know we aren’t going to be in the parks for too long. The strollers are standard them park strollers. So think plastic, with the inability to recline. They’re also much harder to find when you get off rides as there are SO MANY of the same stroller.
Strollers are currently available to rent at all four theme parks and Disney Springs. The rate to rent a stroller are as follows:
- Daily: $15
- Multi-Day (Length of Stay): $13
- Daily: $31
- Multi-Day (Length of Stay): $27
Keep in mind that while strollers can be rented for multiple days (and prepaid) they cannot be removed from the parks.
Why Rent A Stroller?
Renting a stroller through a local Orlando based company has proven to be the best option for my family for a variety of reasons.
- Being that we fly in, we avoid having the extra piece to carry through the airport. Our children are all big enough to walk through the airport but having the stroller while in the parks is a necessity.
- Being standard stroller options, they’re much more comfortable. Having the ability to recline, a sunshade, and extra storage space for ALL THE THINGS is a big benefit. Our children have taken many a nap in the parks and having a regular stroller is always the more comfortable option.
- You can take them ANYWHERE. Renting a stroller on property limits you to only having the stroller while you are in the parks or at Disney Springs. Nothing is more frustrating than having to carry a tired toddler out of the parks at 9pm with an armful of merch and snacks. Trust me, get the stroller! You’ll also have it for any shopping trips you take and other places you decide to visit in the area. Renting from a company means your stroller rental isn’t limited to just Walt Disney World.
- It saves money on longer trips. At $27 a day for multiple days for a double stroller the cost of renting a stroller on property adds up. For longer stays, renting a stroller though one of the companies in this article could end up saving you money in the long run. Comfort and money saved sound like a no-brainer to me!
The Best Stroller Rental Companies Near Walt Disney World
- Kingdom Strollers – Kingdom Strollers is always our first choice for stroller rental. They have proven to be clean, reliable and a convenient option. They also deliver to hotels on and offsite, vacation homes and other theme park hotels. Save on your stroller rental today by booking through our affiliate link: https://www.kingdomstrollers.com/?ref=tanayhoward
- ScooterBug – ScooterBug is a popular option in the Orlando area and it is also the exclusive Disney Featured Provider for strollers, ECVs and wheelchairs. Guests don’t need to be present have their equipment dropped off at any of the Walt Disney World Resort hotels.
- Orlando Stroller Rentals – Orlando Stroller Rentals has a convenient counter location right in MCO so you can pickup your stroller before you even leave the airport. They also have a large selection of single strollers, and all stroller rentals come with a free cooler. Perfect for park days!
- Baby Wheels Orlando – I don’t have any personal experience with this company but was intrigued because they offer Sit N Stand strollers and they’re the first I’ve seen that do so. This option is great for bigger kids who may not want to feel like a baby sitting in stroller. Those little legs will still get tired after long park days.
All in all, renting a stroller from one of the above mentioned companies can help you navigate your trip stress free. Or at the very least, you won’t have to worry about carrying cranky kids. Do you have a favorite stroller rental company near Walt Disney World Resort not mentioned in this article? Sound off!