I am admittedly a scaredy cat but Halloween feels like the official start of the holiday season to me and thus, it is a favorite. I love dressing up the boys, taking them out and then hiding and eating their candy for days. We are always looking for movies to get us into the spirit of ANY holiday really, so our Netflix subscription stays paid. When I was younger I used to look forward to Halloween on the Disney channel. Now thankfully, platforms like Freeform give us 31 days of Halloween (check out the lineup from my friend Sanaa). But since I’m positive I have some cord cutters I’m passing on the streaming options. If you want to get into the Halloween spirit with the whole family without getting spooked, here is a list of Halloween movies on Netflix kids.
Halloween Movies on Netflix Kids For the Big Kids
- Casper – A doctor who specializes in ghosts is hired by an heiress to rid a mansion of spirits, but his daughter befriends a friendly ghost that lives there. Bill Pullman, Christina Ricci and Eric Idle star in this spooky comedy based on the classic comic character.
- Coraline – Curious young Coraline unlocks a door in her family’s home and is transported to a universe that strangely resembles her own — only better. This deliciously eerie Oscar nominee for Best Animated Film features the voices of Dakota Fanning and Teri Hatcher.
- Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween – Three teens spend their Halloween trying to stop a magical book, which brings characters from the “Goosebumps” novels to life. Based on the best-selling books by R.L. Stine.
- R.L. Stine’s Mostly Ghostly – After discovering a pair of young ghosts, a nebbish 11-year-old agrees to help the sibling spirits solve the mystery surrounding their demise.
- R.L. Stine’s Mostly Ghostly: One Night in Doom House – As Max tries to help ghost pals Nicky and Tara find their parents, he stumbles on an enchanted crystal — and an evil new plot by the phantom Phears.
- Monster Family – A family’s festive Halloween plans take a spooky turn when an evil witch’s curse transforms the costumed clan into actual monsters.
- My Babysitter’s A Vampire: The Movie – When their parents head out for the evening, Ethan and his little sister get the babysitter of their nightmares: a fledgling vampire named Sarah.
- A Witches’ Ball – Every year the Witching World gathers to celebrate all the newly inducted witches into their magical world. Beatrix is eager to become part of this world, but when her pending status is jeopardized, she needs the help of her furry bestie, Muggs (voiced by Joey Fatone) to solve some magical riddles before the big event.
- Little Monsters – Brian knows there are creatures under his bed. When he faces his fears and confronts them, however, he makes some hilariously weird new friends. Fred Savage has more than dust bunnies under his bed in this family comedy co-starring Howie Mandel.
- Bunks – Two troublemaking brothers posing as counselors at an island summer camp accidentally trigger a curse that brings a campfire zombie story to life.
Halloween Movies Suitable For All Ages
- Mickey House of Mouse Villains: – In MICKEY’S HOUSE OF VILLAINS, the best meet the baddest when Mickey Mouse comes face-to-face with the Disney villains everyone loves to hate for a night of mischief and mayhem that is sure to leave you laughing.
- All Hallows’ Eve – Instead of summoning the spirit of her dearly departed mother, a charming teen accidentally awakens a vengeful witch who wants to destroy her town.
- Super Monsters Save Halloween – The Super Monsters use their powers to get their neighbors in the Halloween spirit, then help a nervous friend see there’s nothing to be afraid of.
- Pac’s Scary Halloween – When sinister Dr. Pacstein schemes to swap bodies with Pac during a Halloween party, Spiral, Cyli and Count Pacula scramble to save their pal.
- Pocoyo Halloween: Spooky Movies – Pocoyo finds a special toy and plays new games with his friends. Then they’re spooked by a scary box and try to find out who’s inside.
- Pocoyo Halloween: Space Halloween – Pocoyo and his friends have a costume contest to celebrate Halloween and learn new things about planets and stars in space.
- Gnome Alone – After moving into a new house with her mom, high schooler Chloe discovers a troupe of talking garden gnomes who need her help saving the world.
- Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation – It’s love at first sight for Dracula when he meets Ericka, the charming but mysterious captain of the monster cruise that Mavis plans for the family.
- Coco – On Dia de los Meurtos, young would-be musician Miguel crosses into the afterlife on a quest to meet his ancestor and understand his family legacy.
- Ghost Patrol – Two kids and their pet dog (aka the Ghost Patrol) get a call about an old manor and soon find they are investigating their first real haunted house.
This is just a list of “Halloween” MOVIES on Netflix kids. There are also original series and episodes that you can watch to get you into the spooky spirit. Our personal recommendations? The boys love Gnome Alone, Super Monsters and Casper is a classic! We honestly watch “seasonal” movies all year round. But I am excited to kick off fall and the holiday season with these awesome scary picks!
Looking For More Halloween Inspiration?
Check out these popular Halloween posts on SonshineMama:
- The Ultimate Guide to Halloween Safety!
- 25 Super Spooky Halloween Treats
- Over 30 Simple Halloween Crafts for Kids
- The 2019 Guide to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party