Last week Walt Disney World took to the internet to give us a glimpse into what they have planned for ‘The World’s Most Magical Celebration’. Walt Disney World will be celebrating their 50th anniversary starting October 1st and they’ve promised 18 months of magic, pixie dust and “EARidescence”! Here is some of what we know about Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary festivities.
Walt Disney World Resort’s 50th Anniversary
- Starting October 1st, the celebration will last 18 months. As of today (02/24/2021) Magic Kingdom park is completely booked. Tickets are available for the other 3 parks.
- Cinderella Castle will be adding to it’s royal makeover. The castle will be adding to it’s magic both day and night featuring new gold bunting, an anniversary crest and more.
- New lights will shine across the reflective panels of Spaceship Earth at EPCOT. These will be a permanent feature passed the anniversary celebrations.
- Mickey and Minnie are getting some new threads! Our party hosts are going to be decked out in Earidescent and gold custom made outfits.
What I’m Looking Forward to/Hoping to See During the Celebration
- The return of fireworks! We haven’t had a fireworks display since Disney closed last March due to Covid. While I know fireworks increase the opportunity for crowding, I am hoping that Disney finds a way to bring back the fireworks in a safe manner.
- EARidescence. Purple is my absolute favorite color and I am so excited that it’s a part of the look. I cannot wait to see the ears, spirit jerseys, and magical merch that Disney comes up with.
- New snacks and food. I am always looking forward to the snacks! And my kids love the popcorn buckets. I can’t wait to see the new twists on churros, Mickey waffles and dole whips!
- Disney decor! Disney really knows how to get decked out for a party! I’m not 100% sure what the decor will look like since the anniversary celebration will start right around the time fall at the parks usually starts. It will be interesting to see how the celebrations coincide.
Make sure you’re following along on Disney Parks Blog as they release more details closer to October 1st. Will you be joining the ‘ World’s Most Magical Celebration’? What are you looking forward to the most?