Sooooo you wanna be a blogger? I can understand why. All the cool kids have a blog. Everyone’s getting something from someone, some way or another for free.. And who doesn’t like free ish?!
Or you’re already a blogger. But you’re questioning if you want to keep blogging. Is it worth it? Does anyone care? Heck, do I even care? Why isn’t MY blog as great as XYZs? What’s she doing that’s soooo great? WHO’S NOT LETTING ME BE GREAT?!?!
Lucky for y’all I have the answers. Cause I know all the things. I’m good like that.
I’m about to lay it all out for you and tell you why you actually may not be about #thatbloglife.
1. You don’t wear makeup EVERYDAY … ALLDAY (and/or your kids keep pajamas on most of the day) and your selfie game is weak. Because no one wants to know what you do in your real, regular, everyday life. Social media perfection is in, get with it!
2. You don’t have 100k million jillion followers on social media. Aka you have no voice. No ones listening. Give up.
3. You don’t write for any major publications. If none of your blog posts have made it to Huffpost yet, you’re doing blogging all wrong. The only way anyone who’s anyone will come across your blog is through them. Duh!
4. You write in your own voice. And who told you that was ok? I happen to enjoy my day browsing blogs that all sound the same, look the same, and talk about the same exact things. You don’t need to be original. Don’t try that. It’s kinda braggy/a**holish.
5. You’re not a SAHM/Blogging isn’t your full time job. Because if you can’t dedicate your whole life to these here internets then, what is your life anyway?!
6. You took this post seriously. I pray to baby Jesus y’all took this post lightly and no one is ready to kill me by now (or that y’all didn’t stop reading out of rage and made it this far) lmao. I feel like we all have doubts when it comes to blogging but forreal, shake it off, suck it up and do it anyway. Nothing but passion, drive and consistency will lead to your success. Get it done girl! You got this!