This post was sponsored by Nickelodeon as part of an Influencer Activation and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Christmas is THE favorite holiday in our house and we cannot wait for the holiday season to roll around every year. My family has always made Christmas feel special and so I knew that when I started my own family, we would create our own new traditions. We started building the boys’ love for Christmas pretty young, and now we have traditions that we do every year that the boys love already. Here are some night before Christmas traditions to start with your preschoolers they will absolutely love, including a special holiday episode of Blue’s Clues and You! that will be fun for the whole family.
5 Night Before Christmas Traditions to Start with Your Preschooler
- Write letters to Santa. Preschool is the perfect age to start writing letters to Santa. Your preschooler gets to practice their fine motor skills, & they’ll be proud to leave their own letters! It’s always interesting to see the last minute requests they have.
- Cozy up in matching Christmas PJs. We are indeed THAT family. You can even get creative, create a Christmas Eve pack and make that your one present to open on Christmas Eve. Our Christmas Eve gifts usually include PJs, a snack and a new Christmas book or movie.
- Make and decorate cookies/gingerbread houses. Santa’s going to need a snack right? The kids love getting creative with their treats. We usually make a gingerbread house, and some kind of cookies to leave for Santa. Of course don’t forget the carrots for the reindeer!
- Decorate the tree. If you love Christmas the way we do, your tree is probably up already. However, I do know families that wait until Christmas Eve to get their live tree and decorate it that night. That could potentially be a fun memory-making tradition that you start yearly.
- Watch a new Christmas movie/show. This idea can never get old. You know we love Nickelodeon here, and this year Josh and Blue have a holiday special that the whole family will love. As a millennial, I grew up watching Blue’s Clues and I cannot wait to see Steve and Joe return. Episodes of Blue’s Clues & You! that the previous hosts make cameos in are my absolute favorite! Plus, the boys get an all new special episode of the Blue’s Clues & You! that they have grown to love. We can carry out our tradition while experiencing something all new!
About Blue’s Night Before Christmas
Ho! Ho! Ho! It’s the night before Christmas with Josh and Blue, and they’re both so excited to share this special night with YOU! As we play Blue’s Clues to figure out what Blue wants for Christmas, we decorate the tree with Steve, skidoo to Santa’s Workshop to help Joe and Blitzen wrap and load presents onto Santa’s sleigh, and celebrate a night full of Christmas traditions! Guest Stars: Steve Burns (original host of Blue’s Clues), Donovan Patton (second host, Joe, of Blue’s Clues), Tamron Hall.
What are some of your family’s favorite holiday traditions? Tune into the new Blue’s Clues & You! Holiday Special Tomorrow, December 4th at 11/10c on Nickelodeon.